Sunday, July 19, 2015

Hello, Goodbye

"The hurrier I go, the behinder I get." Remember that quote from Alice in Wonderland?

Considering that my interview for The Displaced Nation's "Wonderlanded" series went live this week on their website, I suppose I've got Alice on the brain.

I'm not certain that I've ever read the entire Alice in Wonderland book. I must have seen the Disney movie years ago. I vividly remember the White Rabbit running along, checking his pocket watch, and muttering, "Hello, goodbye. I'm late. I'm late for a very important date."

I often feel that way, as if I'm meeting myself coming and going. For example, I meant to write this post yesterday, but I was saying goodbye to a friend in the afternoon and having dinner with another in the evening. In between, there was a writing webinar, a sink full of dishes, an unmade bed, and a pile of laundry to fold.

Call me OCD, but in only 550 square feet, clutter can't happen.

How nice it would be to have someone to do all the cleaning and putting away, to pay all my bills, to cook for me and then just call me when it's ready, so that I could write and socialize all day, but I guess that's called a "nursing home."

For now, I'll stick to my mad, frantic juggling.
“Have I gone mad?
I'm afraid so, but let me tell you something, the best people usually are.”
― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

~~Sally Rose
Author of Penny Possible & A Million Sticky Kisses
iamsallyrose.com

No comments:

Post a Comment